Monday, February 25, 2008

Day 29



Juices, Supplements etc. in order of consumption
1 quart Leaf lettuce, radish, radish leaves, celery, lemon, cilantro, onion, garlic, kelp
1/2 head leaf lettuce, 1 very small radish with a handful of leaves, 4 stalks celery, 1/2 lemon, 1/2 bunch of cilantro, 1 green onion, 2 garlic
This was pretty good. I was surprised at how nice it tasted.

3/4 quart spinach, celery, radish, cilantro carrot, garlic, kelp, hemp oil, turmeric
1/2 lb spinach, 4 stalks celery, 1 sm radish, 1/2 bunch cilantro, handful carrots, 2 garlic
I don't know why but this had an earthy taste and was spicy. The radish was a little bigger but not that much. Maybe it was because I left the lemon out.

1 quart kale, cilantro, cucumber, carrot, onion, garlic, coconut oil, Chinese 5 spice
4 leaves kale, 1 bunch cilantro, 1 cucumber, handful carrots, 1 onion, 2 garlic
I was looking for something different, something exciting. I was trying to get something that tasted Asian. I sort of succeeded. I think it would have been better with a lime or lemon. I will try it again. I am also out of romaine and I think that would have helped too.

You may or may not have noticed that I was leaving out the hemp oil for a few days to see if it had any effect on my stomach. I did notice I felt a bit more heartburn after that juice so I am thinking about leaving it out again for a while until I don't have this underlying pain. I will add flax oil instead and see how that goes.

Weight
Starting 173.5
Today 156


I lost 1 1/2 lbs.


Sleep
7.5 hours

Supplements
I have been struggling to remember to take my supplements so I thought if I was to add them to the blog it would help me remember.

Probiotic in morning
Enzymes with each juice
B5 in morning and evening

Exercise
None

Physically
I woke up tired and stayed tired the whole day. I felt so drained and I really would have loved to crawl in bed and sleep the whole day. I didn't feel sick or anything, just so tired.

Positive changes
Weight loss
Skin smooth
Face is changing

Detox
Coated tongue
Geographic tongue
Mucus in nose and throat
Breaking out on the right side of my face. I am due to get my period in 2 days so that could be helping although I don't usually get pimples at that time of the month.
Dry hands

Emotionally
I am feeling very positive today despite the complete lack of energy I have. I am feeling very centered and my physical lethargy isn't affecting me emotionally. I did get a little crabby and again I have to remind myself that I am about to start my cycle. This little crabbiness that I experienced today is nothing compared to the horrors of PMS that I have been suffering for the last 5 years though. In fact I just told my hubby what part of my cycle I am in and he confirmed the lack of anger, crabbiness and misery that is normally present at this time.

Cravings
I was craving something substantial, something warm and filling again today. I wouldn't call it a craving; I call it more like an underlying whisper.

Trash Bag Tango
None

Meditation
None

Ramblings
I have added a new feature to my blog. It is on the right side just below the Raw Food World Link. It is the Daily OM. I have been getting this for a very long time. I don't always take the time to read it but when I do it is usually pretty good.

Everyday the link will be updated with a new article for you to read. I want to share today's with you just in case you don't read this until tomorrow because I think it is a good one. Have a great night, I am going to bed early.

The Kaleidoscope Of Life
Living Together Differently

We tend to gravitate toward people who are most like us, at least in the ways that make us feel comfortable. But life has its way of bringing us into contact with people who challenge us with their differences. It may be an obvious difference reflected in their outward appearance or an invisible but powerful philosophical stance. Even in our closest circle of friends and family, though, there are those that confront us with their different ways of experiencing and expressing life. We can choose to resist, but we can also choose to learn from them and appreciate that they too have a place in the kaleidoscope of life.

As much as we may say that we want peace and quiet and a life without struggle, the truth is that human beings are currently thriving in a world of dualities and challenges. It is how we choose to approach these hurdles that determine if we sail over them, confirming our agility, or trip and end up face down in the dust. And each of us absolutely will and must stumble, and then get up, brush the dust off, and carry on. This is how we learn and grow, developing depth of character and shades of understanding. In a world of dualities, we have trouble defining ourselves without something opposite and can’t discover who we are. Without challenge, there is nothing to do and nothing to discover. That leaves us either in a state of nonbeing or in the state of pure spirit, but as humans, we are spiritual beings experiencing the physical world in all of its startling contrast and beauty.

No matter how spiritual we are, our lives will have challenges. We will always run into people that are different from us, but the true challenge may be in finding ways to be at peace with this process. Rather than give in to the fight-or-flight response that comes from our animal nature, we can find new ways to evolve together into higher, more beautiful expressions of ourselves, realizing, embracing, and celebrating the beauty of diversity and the strength it offers for the future.

5 comments:

Lisa (Pixywinks) said...

I just wanted to say I love reading your blog. You are a bit ahead of me on the juice feast. I'm so appreciative of you guys that jumped in ahead of me and are blazing the trail! Thanks for posting the pics.
Pixy

Hanlie said...

I'm also so lacking in energy at the moment. There's a lot going on with me - I think I'm stuck because I'm too scared to let my emotions come up. I'm going to have to have a little talk with myself...

Michelle said...

Thank you Lisa, I checked out your blog and you are doing so great. Keep up the good work and your picture is beautiful!

Hanlie, I have sent you an email. Let me know how you are doing.

xoxo

Kristen's Raw said...

Love the pic :)

What do you think of Eat, Pray Love (I think that's the title)?

Cheers!

Michelle said...

Kristen,
I really enjoyed the book Eat, Pray, Love. I especially enjoyed the sections on Italy and on India.