Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Day 31

Photo by Bitzcelt on Flickr

Juices in order of consumption
1 cup licorice tea

1 quart spinach, celery, cucumber, pear, kiwi
1/2 lb spinach, 6 celery, 1 cucumber, 1 pear, 2 kiwi
Tasted very nice.

1 quart celery, kale, cilantro, tomato, carrots, kelp
6 celery, 3 kale leaves, 1 bunch cilantro, 1 tomato, 1 c. carrots
I am really sick of kale. I don't like the way it smells, I don't like the way it tastes anymore. I need a break from kale.

1 quart celery, tomato, romaine, cucumber
3 stalks celery, 3 sm tomatoes, 1 head romaine, 1/2 cucumber
Tasted good.

1 cup peppermint tea

Weight
Starting 173.5
Today 155.5

Sleep
7.5 hours

Supplements
Probiotic
B12
B5 morning and evening
Enzymes with each juice
Colon Cleanse

I am supposed to be starting the chanca piedra or stone breaker. I dropped the ball and didn't order it soon enough so it hasn't arrived yet. I suggest to anyone that it beginning the juice feast that they really plan ahead for supplements. If you can't afford to buy everything right now, write it on your calendar for the future so you don't forget. Make sure you allot enough time for shipping.

Note: It came later in the day. Yippeee! That Raw Vegan Books ships fast!

Exercise
None. I was planning on going to the 7:00 yoga class but I felt awful so I stayed home.

Physically
Woke up tired. About 10:30 or so I got a nasty headache and I just wanted to go to sleep. My 7 year was home sick from school today so that wasn't an option. The headache stayed with me the entire day and as my stomach started acting up in the evening. The peppermint tea seemed to help that.

Positive changes
Weight loss
Skin smooth

Detox
Coated tongue
Geographic tongue
Mucus in nose and throat
Face looks old and tired today
Headache
Tired
Dry hands

Emotionally
I was pretty crabby today. My friend flo didn't visit. I feel like I am winding up a bit with the PMS. I am trying to stay centered and focus on the present moment. It was a bit challenging today, especially since I don't feel good.

Cravings
Tacos, meat, sausages, meat, meat, meat.

Trash Bag Tango
None

Meditation
None

Ramblings
Hanlie and I were discussing the possibility of extending our juice feast so that we could retrace all the way back to our beginning. I asked the question to David and Katrina and I thought I would post their response here so you could all read it.

Your second question is very interesting...here is what we can say with out actually knowing you and your situation. Juice Feasting may not be the bus that takes you all the way back on your journey to the womb with emotional work...it completely depends on your physiology, your emotional history, and many other things. There are many other vehicles to carry us through our stages of transformation, Juice Feasting is just one of many! It is a very powerful one to be sure.

So in short we can not tell you what will be appropriate for you, you may need to break out after 52 Days, or 92!! One easy way to gauge this is by your weight. When you have reached or moved below your ideal weight, break the Feast. Your ideal weight is calculated thus:

100 lbs for the first five feet of height, and 5lbs for each additional inch. So, someone who is 5'7" has a target range of around 135lbs, give or take 3-5 lbs either way.

If I could have stayed in bed today I would have. I am going to go there now.

2 comments:

Lisa (Pixywinks) said...

Thanks so much for posting Rain's response. I was wondering that myself. I would just like to get to my ideal weight, whatever that is.
It helps to have a formula to shoot for.
Pixy

Hanlie said...

Oh Michelle, I'm sorry you're feeling miserable too! Seems like quite a few of us are going through a tough time right now... I'm sort of hoping that the start of the Global Juice Feast will release a lot of positive juice feasting energy and revitalize us all again! (I know you'll understand what I mean...)

Hope AF arrives. Are you on any hormonal contraceptive? I can't wait to see how my cycle changes during the Juice Feast.

I don't see myself ever weighing 140-145 pounds (I'm 5'8"). And if you look at the size of my hands and feet and general bone structure, you'd know that I'm what they call a strapping lass. I'm aiming for about 155-165 pounds. Of course, 92 days are not going to bring me anywhere near there, so I may just go on an on... I'll see!

Love the pic! So cute!

Feel better soon! I'm staying in bed today. I'm really sick, which is kind of strange, because I normally don't succumb easily to colds and flu. It's all good though, because I just remind myself that my body is healing and getting rid of old stuff. I read somewhere that during detoxes like this you can revisit past illnesses, especially if you suppressed the illness with medication. I had pneumonia in 1994, so I may have to look out for some chest symptoms in about 10-11 days' time. This also reminds me that I used anti-depressants on and off in the last 8 years and that may be why I felt so disconnected from my emotions last week.

Love and blessings!

xxx