Monday, January 28, 2008

Day 1

OK, for those of you looking for a positive and upbeat blog, you may need to stay tuned for another day because I am feeling pretty, pretty, pretty lousy (a little Larry David humor thrown in to make me smile). Day 1 has gotten a bit rough and I can hardly wait for it to end. I am just going to go to bed so I can start fresh again tomorrow.

So I got up in the morning and did all the things I was supposed to do - drank my water with my MSM, did my Five Tibetans, "tried" to do an enema (more on that later), did the skin brushing, hot/cold shower and tongue scraping. It was a good and productive morning.

I made all 4 quarts of juice. I decided to try to use my juicer first and see how it went and then try the vitamix. It took me about an hour to juice it all and then some extra clean up time. It wasn't really that bad.

I was surprised at how little juice I got out of all my produce. I ended up having to juice 3 cucumbers to make enough juice to make the full 4 quarts. My hubby stopped on the way home to get me some more.

One of my goals for the day was to do a complete and thorough cleaning of my bathroom. Clear out the clutter and re-organize. It seemed like the right thing to do since I will be spending quite a bit of time in there. I managed to get it all done and it looks and feels fantastic.

So far everything seems great and it was. I had my second juice for lunch and I noticed I was getting a headache. Not bad, just a bit funny. I felt a bit weird. Later as I was drinking my water I began getting waves of nausea but it passed relatively quickly so no big deal.

I ate my bee pollen (only 1/2 TBL) and I have to say I don't like it. It doesn't taste good and it makes me a little sick just thinking about it. But I finished it. About 4:00 I decided to have 1/2 of my sweet quart of juice. I was really looking forward to it because it tasted so good. It was spinach, orange and pineapple. Yummmy!!!!

Well within moments of completing it I got serious, painful heartburn. Oh my goodness. It is brutal. I figure it could be the bee pollen mixed with the juice or it could be the juice combination. Whatever it is it wiped me out. That was it. No more juice for me. I still have heartburn and some reflux. I only hope I can make it through the night.

Now this is a problem that has plagued me for years. I have had digestion problems eating cooked and raw. When I did a smoothie fast I had the most horrible pain for the duration of it. I just figured that because I was drinking just juice this time that it wouldn't be a problem. I am hoping it is a temporary thing that will pass in time. I will keep my fingers crossed.

So that is it. I only drank 2 1/2 quarts of juice which I don't really care about. The thing that gets me is I made so much juice and I don't know if it will be good to drink tomorrow. What a waste!

As I type this my head feels like it is in a vice, I have a TON of mucus built up in my throat, and my limbs seem so heavy. It's weird, I can't really explain it other than to say they feel heavy. I hope that makes sense. So I am going to go off to bed and wish for a successful enema tomorrow. If it doesn't work again I will go into a bit more detail but for now let's keep it clean shall we? :o)

Juices:
1 quart parsley, swiss chard, ginger, apple, lemon, celery, cucumber, hemp oil. Took 2 caps spirulina and 1 cap chlorella with this.

1 quart Spinach, tomato, garlic, cilantro, cucumber, lime, red pepper, kelp. Took 2 caps spirulina and 1 cap chlorella with this.

1 quart Spinach, pineapple, orange.
(only drank 1/2 of it)

1 quart celery, cucumber, carrot, apple and lemon

The red is what I consumed today.

P.S. My video worked so good for me. I watched it 3 times today. Whenever I started feeling like "poor me" I just sat down and watched it and it kept me going.

Nighty Night!

No comments: