Monday, February 11, 2008

Week 2 Review


Photos from left to right: Before, week 1, week 2

I am posting my week 2 review separate today. I actually forgot to do it last night so here are the succession of photos. Hubby put up a new light bulb in the spot I take the pictures so you can notice the warmer color in the newest picture. Looks much nicer don't ya think? I am thrilled with the sparkle in my eyes. I guess it isn't just my imagination.

Overall it has been a fantastic week. I have been feeling so much better physically. My stomach isn't causing me many problems and my heartburn is officially a thing of the past! I can't believe it. I managed to stick through it and get to the other side. I must say that I am proud of myself.

I have lost a total of 10 lbs so far in these 2 weeks. I am not exactly sure where I want to be on the scale in the end because I know that once day 60 comes and I begin rebuilding my body and lifting weights it will change the way my body looks. I have never done that before so I always needed to be at 130 lbs to look good. Who knows what will happen. I will just wait and see.

This week has been so remarkable for me in regards to my emotions. This is something that I really wanted to focus on during this feast and I will tell you why. I have done "this" before. I have gotten healthy, lost weight and looked great only to fall off the wagon and go back to almost the exact same weight as I was before. I went raw for 4 months about 1 1/2 years ago and I felt great. I looked good and everyone was commenting on it. Well, fall came and one excuse after another and before long I was stuffing my face with anything and everything.

I knew this juice feast was going to be different because it would be a complete detox on the physical level and if I treated it as such, it would be a complete emotional detox as well. I want to get to the core issues that drive me to eat things I KNOW are not good for me, that make me feel lousy, and make me hold onto weight. I want to get to the core issues that keep me sitting on the couch and sedentary instead of using my body and getting it strong. I want to get to the core issues of why I have lived these 38 years without dealing with these core issues.

I don't want to fall off the wagon again. I don't want to get too lazy and too tired to take care of myself. I WON'T GO BACK! I WILL ONLY GO FORWARD!

This juice feast and this blog have become my job. I was struggling with trying to justify all the time I am spending doing all I need to do and finally I came to the conclusion that this is exactly where I need to be and what I need to be doing so that I may heal myself and make myself whole because without that I am not able to give to my loved ones all that I truly want to give from my heart.

I was surprised at how the disorganization in my home took center stage this week. It is something that I have struggled with since I was young and I know that I cannot be whole and healthy without dealing with it and clearing out the core issues that keep me from feeling I deserve a beautiful, peaceful home.

The greatest thing that happened to me over this week was the weekend that I shared with my husband. As you know we spent 2 whole days cleaning just one room in our house. We even skipped our night out to do it.

We were talking last night in our nice clean room and he was saying how much he enjoyed the weekend. I was a bit surprised that he would say that since we cleaned. He went on to say how nice it was that we worked together to do something and that we felt like a team. He said how happy he was that the room was cleaned and that we could begin to enjoy ourselves in there.

It's true. Something happened to me and I am less argumentative, less controlling, and less bossy. I am more willing to do the work and contribute my share. When I think back over our weekend I am floored by how effortless most of it was and how smooth it went. I am so grateful for the times when we were finished that we were able to lie in each other's arms and talk about the day from this place of peace and contentment for a job well done.

I am grateful for the support he gave when I needed it most. I am grateful for the help of my mom and the cooperation of my children. But most of all I am thankful for being loved by him and being loved by myself for the first time in a long life.

So overall I guess it was a great week!

2 comments:

Hanlie said...

Wow, you are reading three books I would love to get my hands on!

This was an awesome post, Michelle. First of all, you are looking amazing! Secondly, I just love how your cleaning project had you and hubby working together as a team. This feast is definitely changing us from the inside out - and it circles out wider and wider to our loved ones, our environment and our community.

I too have done this before. Two years ago we went high raw for 3-4 months. We lost weight, got healthier, and had so much more energy. Granted I wasn't working out then, but I felt great. Then Easter and houseguests came around and before we knew it we were sitting in the middle of the road with the wagon disappearing into the sunset. I started this year 26 pounds heavier than I started 2006!

I realized this weekend that I've been avoiding the emotional aspect of the feast, but I'm ready to start getting into it now!

Hope you have a great third week!

David and Katrina Rainoshek said...

Michelle!!

David and I read you post with tears in our eyes, it really did make our eyes water with happiness! We loved your story about you and your husband enjoying CLEANING together!!

We are so proud of you and who you are, keep on shining!

David and Katrina Rain