Sunday, March 16, 2008

Day 48

Photo by Darkmatter on Flickr


Juices in order of consumption
3/4 quart orange strawberry

1 quart romaine, Boston red lettuce, tomato, celery, cilantro, garlic

1 quart romaine , carrots, apple, celery

That's it. We had people over til late and I thought I would get another juice in but my stomach just couldn't do it. Gassy and bloated doesn't make you want more juice. I have to do better.

Weight
Starting 173.5
Today 151

Sleep
9 hours

Supplements
MSM- I decided that I want to try taking my MSM again. I gave it up very early on in the feast because of my upset stomach. I really want to try and incorporate it back in so here we go. Probiotic
Chanca Piedra
B12
zinc
B5 morning and evening - I am out. I have to make a trip to the health food store.
Enzymes with each juice
Colon Cleanse

Exercise
My body was so sore that I couldn't hardly walk much less exercise. I needed to rest it. Just bending over to sit was so painful. UGH.

Physically
Once again, I am sitting here trying to come up with something to say about how I felt physically and nothing is really coming to me. I felt fine. How boring is that? I didn't feel spectacular and I didn't feel horrible. Just fine.

Positive changes
Smooth skin
Weight loss
Friends are beginning to comment on how much better I look

Detox
Coated tongue
Red bumps on legs
Bumps on upper arms
I know you probably don't want to read this but I have been passing things in the bathroom that I know I am not injesting. Possibly undigested food or...I don't know what. Gotta love that cleansing.

Emotionally
I had a rather up and down day today. I was feeling pretty serene and happy for much of the day. I was either running a kid to an event or relaxing and reading. I managed to clean my house too. It was pretty good. Then my 2 teenagers got into a physical fight. This is not new. They do this often. My oldest came down crying and I talked to both of them. It didn't go well and I found myself in a funk. My husband came home from being gone all day and I was in a pissy mood. We had a bit of a run around and I just felt like shit.

The funny thing is that I found myself thinking; "What the hell is wrong with you Michelle? Snap out of it. You don't want to feel like this." But I really couldn't seem to get out of the funk. My husband left and went to the store and by the time he got back things settled down a bit and shortly after our guests started to arrive and I was fine. We had a lot of fun in the evening playing cards and talking.

Cravings
There was an onion dip with pretzels, some cheese spread with crackers and a tortilla dip put out on my counter for the whole evening. I don't know if I was craving it or just craving the idea of it.
Trash Bag Tango
None

Meditation
None- It is the weekend you know ;o)

Ramblings
One of my friends who was over told me that she wants to start juicing on Monday. She doesn't know how long she will do it for but she wanted my help. I know she wants to do it strictly for weight loss so I am thinking about forwarding this post from Hanlie. She also doesn't have a juicer or a Vitamix and is coming from a SAD diet. I suggested that she start with a Green Smoothie cleanse and see how that goes until she gets a way to make the juice. It should be interesting to see how this plays out.

I have to admit that I am getting bored with my blog posts lately. There doesn't seem to be much excitement going on and I have been so busy with other things that I haven't had much introspection. I don't want to stop posting about my day because this is a record for me as well. I will have to try and mix it up a bit. If there is anything you would like to hear more about or something you enjoyed, please let me know so I can get a little guidance.

xoxo

4 comments:

Hanlie said...

I have the same dilemma... I'm bored with my daily juice feasting posts. I have so many things I want to write about, but writing takes much more time than just updating every day, so I know I'm making life difficult for myself.

I don't know the answer... I'm not bored reading other people's daily juice updates, but I have to bear in mind that 95% of my readers are not juice feasters or even whole food people... I'm going to see how it goes!

You should really get Skype. My uncle in WA and I spoke for 50 minutes yesterday - free of charge! I didn't even have a camera, although we got one today.

Tomorrow is the half day mark for me...and I'm still going strong!

Lisa (Pixywinks) said...

I don't think your posts are boring or hanlie's either. I guess we all think our own lives are boring. I feel like my post are snooze-ville, but folks keep stopping by. Go figure.
Pixy

Ben Kaelan said...

You're posts aren't boring at all hun :) *hugs*

Way to spread those juicy seeds; I've got a coworker on green (kale!) smoothies recently. It's great to see how juice feasting is helping us spread the message of health. :)

- Ben

Carrie Cegelis said...

Hi Michelle,
Just keep it coming, girl!
I get bored posting sometimes, too, and feel bad for my readers, hee hee, but I am compelled to keep going for some reason. I can't sleep well if I haven't posted for the day. I was so psyched to go to trapeze class so I had something to write about, but some days...... ........ .......
This is life, however, and it is a delightful gift even in its mundane manifestations. Just getting a peek into someone else's goings-on, and what juice they decided to drink today is interesting - who knows - a bit of voyeurism hard-wired into our brains?
Love to you,
xx