Thursday, February 7, 2008

Day 11

Photo by Chotda on Flickr

Juices, Supplements etc. in order of consumption

Bentonite and psyllium shake

1 quart Celery, Orange, Spinach
3 stalks celery, 4 oranges, 1/2 lb spinach
I really like the taste of this juice but I am wondering if it is too much sugar. I don't really know how to change it though. I will have to play around with it.

Celery, Romaine, green onion, basil, garlic, cucumber, tomato, hemp oil and kelp
4 stalks celery, 1 head romaine, 1 green onion, handful basil, 1 clove garlic, 1 cucumber, 4 oz tomato
I really enjoy the taste of this juice but it keeps separating and there are chunks of food in it. This is the only juice that this happens to. I don't get it.

Spinach, carrot, celery
7 stalks spinach, 4 oz carrots, 1/2 lb spinach
It was good for not having any fruit in it. It made my mouth burn a bit though.
Bok Choy, cucumber, pear, lemon, ginger
1/2 head bok choy, 1 cucumber, 1 pear, 1/2 lemon, small knob ginger
Yummy.
I decided not to post the water anymore. I will drink 1 quart of water every morning with lemon in it and I will drink a quart of water inbetween most of the juices.

Weight
Starting 173.5
Today 164.5

Sleep
7 hours

Exercise
Five Tibetans
10 min. on rebounder
15 min. house cleaning

Physically
I felt good today. I had a good amount of energy and my mind seemed a bit clearer. My stomach seems to be working better so that is completely exciting. I jumped on the rebounder while I watched the Oprah show I posted about earlier. I really like the rebounder. It warms me up too. Now when I get cold instead of wrapping up in a billion blankets I can just spend 5 min doing some fun jumping.

Detox
Coated tongue
Some low grade headaches today
Mucus buildup
Dry hands

Positive changes
I liked looking at myself in the mirror again today :o)
No body odor

Emotionally
Most of the day was really calm and I felt good. About 7:30 I had a huge rush of anger that came out and unfortunately was poured out onto my 15 year old son. Don't get me wrong, he deserved it but I have really been working on how I react to the kids by keeping my cool. I have been repeating "I release the need for conflict, I release the need for drama." over and over again and I even heard myself say it in the middle of my tirade.

For the past 3 days my son has been pushing my buttons and I have been doing really good not letting it affect me. Today, I couldn't do it anymore. I lost it. I am not proud of it. It came over me like a wave and rushed through my body. They say that when you are trying to make changes there will be tests that come up. I guess I failed the test.

I wonder if this detox is going to be bringing up more emotions for me. It will prove to be interesting since my main emotional issue has to do with anger. I have done a good job getting it under control as of late so hopefully this was just a little speed bump and I will be back on track.

It could just be living with teenagers. ;o)

Cravings
No cravings
Trash Bag Tango
I spent about 15 minutes cleaning a cabinet in my kitchen. I cleared out all kinds of crazy things that I haven't even looked at in ages. I set it all up for my mason jars with a little basket to hold all the lids. It looks so nice and feels so good.

Ramblings
So I have been thinking a lot about why I am having this emotional disconnect from my juice feast lately and it occurred to me that when I made the decision to do this I was having daily experiences with my inner self through meditation. Since starting the feast I haven't set aside the time for meditation like I used to. It seems that the juice feast takes a lot of actual time and mental time so I just wasn't making it a priority.

I realize that this must change. That I am a happier person when I am meditating (except for my anger episode today). So I will meditate for at least 15 min. each day. Now when I say meditate I don't necessarily mean that I will simply sit and meditate. Of course sometimes I will but I will also be listening to guided visualizations and my favorite the Moola Mantra. You can read about it on my other blog Michelle's Raw Adventure.

This is what I did today. I listened to the Moola Mantra for 30 min. and then spent another 15 min. in silent meditation. Oh, it felt so good. I really love the way I feel when I meditate. I was buzzing, and I mean buzzing. I could feel the energy surging through me. Love it!

The picture I posted today is in honor of the earlier post on clutter. I love, love, love the way those books look on the shelves, organized by color. How cool is that?

So, after saying I would post in the mornings from now on, I go ahead and post at night. Tomorrow morning I have to go to the high school and volunteer at my son's reality store. This is where the kids choose an occupation and spend the day trying to live on the wages. My son wants to be in law enforcement but he picked neurosurgeon for his occupation for the game. I asked him where the reality was. By the way, we both apologized to each other since I started this post so all is good.

1 comment:

Hanlie said...

I love that room in the picture! Very pretty and inviting.

You didn't fail, you are still learning! It seems that you're like me - extremely hard on yourself.

Good for you for working on the anger aspect. Anger causes so many problems, not only in our relationships and our emotional lives, but in our bodies.

This is a journey of discovery. You're only on Day 10 - there is still much to learn and discover.

You're doing great!