Sunday, February 3, 2008

Day 6

Photo by Fi20100 on Flickr

Juices, Supplements etc. in order of consumption
1. 1 quart Water with lemon

2. Bok Choy, Spinach, celery, lemon, apple, ginger, cucumber
5 large bok choy stalks, 1 handful spinach, 4 stalks celery, 1/2 lemon, 1 apple, 1 big knob of ginger, 1/2 cucumber
Just as nice as all the other times I made this juice :o)

3. 1 quart of water

4. Romaine, celery, tomato, carrot, lemon, cucumber, garlic, kelp, hemp oil
1/2 large head romaine, 5 stalks celery, handful grape tomatoes, 4 oz carrots, 1/2 lemon, 1/2 cucumber, 1 clove garlic
Yummy. Once again something that reminded me of food. For some reason this tasted even better than the last one. I added the hemp and kelp and it didn't bother me at all. I really like it.

5. 1 quart water

6. Pineapple, ginger, spinach
1/2 pineapple, small bit of ginger, 1/2 lb spinach
I forgot that you aren't supposed to mix pineapple juice with green juice because the pineapple begins to digest it. When I got around to drinking it about 2 hours later it had turned kind of brown and didn't taste as good as I would have like but I finished it anyway.

7. 1 quart water

8. Romaine, spinach, lemon, pear, ginger
1/2 large head romaine, 1/2 lb spinach, 1 pear, 1 inch ginger
Very nice and simple. I enjoyed it while our guests were eating pizza, drinking beer and wine and I didn't even care!

Weight
Starting 173.5
Today 168

I am still busy rebuilding. Weight release coming soon!

Sleep
8 1/2 hours

Exercise
Five Tibetans

Physically
I felt pretty good all day. Right around the middle of the day I became really, really tired and I took a short nap on the couch. I don't know how long it was but since the room was filled with all of my kids running around and playing I don't think it was that long. (My husband was there watching them)

Detox
My skin is a bit dry. I began to put coconut oil on to help. Lips still chapped.
Coated tongue
Underlying heartburn

Positive changes
My skin is sooooo soft! I love it! My hubby likes it too! I have had these pimple like bumps on the backs of my upper arms for years. They are beginning to go away which is fabulouso.

I still think my eyes are sparkly.

Emotionally
I spent a bit longer than normal in the bathroom this morning. I spent some time doing mirror work, you know: "You are doing such a good job Michelle. I am so proud of you. I just know you are going to be so healthy and I know you are going to succeed. You are exactly where you need to be." I rubbed some coconut oil on my body after getting out of the shower and thanked each part of my body for all it has done for me even when I wasn't appreciative of it.

I started crying. It wasn't a sad cry or a happy cry for that matter. It was just a release. No big deal. I let it come and I let it go. Then I started laughing. That felt good. I guess if there was a fly on the wall it would think I was a bit crazy and in need of a trip to the looney bin. That's OK, it felt good.

When I finished up and went and sat on my bed for a minute I realized that I was buzzing. I don't know how to explain it. It was a really wonderful feeling. My skin was buzzing and I could feel energy running through me. It was such a nice feeling and I sat there and enjoyed it for a few minutes.

When I went downstairs to make my juice I was feeling on top of the world and immediately got into a fight with my husband. It was a small little tiff that escalated. I walked away and went back up to my room.

Normally I would sit there and think, "What a jerk, blah blah blah." The same old blame game. This time I sat down and began repeating, "I release the need for conflict" and "I release the need for control." Once that passed I ran the problem through the 4 questions from Bryon Katie's Work. From this place I could better see MY part in the problem and I was able to calm and center myself.

When my husband came up to talk to me I was able to stay calm and focus on what I wanted for this exchange. I started with apologizing for my part in the argument. From there he was able to open up and we had a great exchange that ended with a lot of I love you's and hugs. What a great way for things to end.

The rest of the day I was in this really calm place. I felt so relaxed and good. We went to the store and I felt as if I was kind of gliding through the aisles. It was a really great place to be.

Later that night as I was reading A New Earth by Eckhart Tolle and I read this passage:

The history of communism, originally inspired by noble ideals, clearly illustrates what happens when people attempt to change external reality- create a new earth- without any prior cange in their inner reality, their state of consciousness. They make plans without taking into account the blueprint for dysfunction that every human being carries within: the ego.

That really struck home with me after the day I had and showed me how so many times in my life I had focused on the outer world, my house, my husband, my kids and tried to make changes and for the first time I am focusing on my inner world and making the changes within ME. This time is for real people!

Cravings
None again! Love it!

Ramblings
No time for ramblings on the weekend (ha ha, you read the emotional part right? Some rambling there. :o)

2 comments:

Hanlie said...

Beautiful picture! You really touched me with this post. This experience is so huge, so empowering, so all-emcompassing, so life-changing. This Feast could change so many things in my life, if I choose to make it a journey of discovery and learning. Which I do!

Those bumps on the back of your arms are most probably caused by wheat and gluten intolerance. I get them too, but when I stay off the bread, which has always been difficult for me, they go away.

I'm having a very tough day today... will post the whole story tonight.

Michelle said...

Hanlie,
Thank you. I know you will be seeing the same power in your transformation too. Hang in there. I know you can do it.
Michelle