Saturday, February 23, 2008

Bookshelf Tango



I spent hours yesterday organizing my bookshelf in my office (or what we affectionately call the blue room) by color. I was inspired by the picture I found on flickr and posted on day 11. Now I don't have as many books as that woman so I had to do what I could. All the books on the top shelf are white, gold, brown or black. I was surprised how many white books I have!




I think it looks pretty good. My hubby, on the other hand does not like it at all. Oh well. I am not sure how practical it will be. I already found a few books that I forgot about and I don't really know what to do with them. Also I have books of so many different sizes that I pulled them all forward on the shelf so they would look consistent. Every time I pull one out I have to fix them. It might be worth it for the spectrum of color but then again, I don't know. I will keep it for a while and see how it goes.
I used to have my books categorized by the type of book; mosaic here, nutrition there, miscellaneous, spiritual etc. I had books filling up all the bookshelves (I have 4 more that are not photographed. Now I have all this empty space that I have to fill in so I am going to keep playing with it and see what I can do.


1 comment:

Hanlie said...

I like it! But if it's a pain (and if you have more than one person in your house) it won't stay that way for long.

I need more shelves! I need a new house actually...