Monday, April 14, 2008

Day 79

Photo by Accrama on Flickr

Juices in order of consumption
1 quart celery, spinach, pineapple, mango, spirulina

1 quart celery, tomato, romaine, garlic, onion, kelp

1 quart celery, orange, pineapple,

1 quart orange, celery, spinach

Weight
Starting 173.5
Today 141.5


Sleep
7 hours

Supplements
MSM
Probiotic
B5 morning and evening
Enzymes with each juice
Vitamin D
Cayenne

Exercise
20 minutes walking

Physically
My body is aching from all of my exercise. Woo! Other than that I feel good.

Emotionally
Emotionally I felt upbeat and positive today. Things seem to be going back to normal around here and I like it. My schedule has picked up now that my son is back to baseball. He has 6 games this week. I haven't felt frazzled at all. I think it is because I don't have to worry about food for the family. All I have to do is make my juice and go. I imagine things are going to change when I have to prepare my food. I don't think it will be too bad though because I can just whip up a salad easy enough. My hubby is OK with continuing with meal prep until I get settled so that is fantastic.

Cravings
Pizza. The kids had it for dinner and it smelled so good.

Ramblings
Penni left me a comment yesterday and I wanted to share it with you all because as usual her words resonated with me.

When I went to Successfully Raw in NYC, I heard a lot about giving up the whole percentage of raw concept. Karen Knowler especially told us to stop it with comparing ourselves..."What % of raw are you? 75%, 85%, 100%?" She said we should all focus the big picture and what is going to work best in each of our individual lives. Somehow that felt really empowering and freeing. I think we must just set our intentions on what is going to be realistic and leave a little room for those rare and special times when we want the meatball treat.

It is so true that I am still caught up in the "all or nothing" approach to eating. I can't seem to wrap my brain around the fact that it is OK to eat a bit of this and a bit of that as long as I am eating well overall. I am hoping this will come in time because I don't want to get frustrated and give up like I did before. You know, as I typed that I really don't think it is a possibility that I could just go back to the way I was before. I really feel like I have grown so much that that is not even realistic. How awesome is that?!

So my juice feasting buddy Ben is breaking his feast today. He posted a video of him eating his first prune. There were so many! Ugh. I don't know how he ate them all. He is so funny he just cracks me up all the time. I am so glad he is a couple of weeks ahead of me. I have enjoyed watching him reach his milestones.

My oldest son is back home today. He got his braces off so I get to see his pearly white smile which is so bizarre after years of metal mouth. He isn't feeling well so we haven't talked too much. I am going to let things go for a bit. We seem to be on good terms though. He just went to bed and thanked me for coming to his volleyball game. I'm not sure he's ever done that.

I have stayed up way to late studying the juice feasting site. I need sleep!

1 comment:

Hanlie said...

I honestly think that's the best approach...

I loved Ben's video, and am contemplating a little video myself, if I can figure out how to do it!